heat things up with an Icewine Cocktail!
Cocktail Recipe Gin-Inn Juice
2 oz Inniskillin Vidal Icewine
1 oz Gin
¾ oz Peach Juice
top with soda
More about Inniskillin
- Inniskillin is the world leader in icewine, and is sold in over 74 countries across the world.
- What is Icewine? Icewine is unlike any traditional wine – it is harvested at the height of Canada’s cold winter in its natural frozen state. The grapes from the most recent vintage (2014) were picked off the vine when the temperature was a cool -10 degrees Celsius, which intensifies the flavor of the wine.
- Region: Niagara Peninsula, Canada
- Tasting Notes for Inniskillin Vidal icewine: Aromatics of tropical fruit including mango and orange dominate. The palate flavors are fruit forward including peach, nectarine and lemon balanced by crisp, lively acidity
- Food Pairings for Inniskillin Vidal icewine: While perfect on its own (or in a cocktail!), Vidal icewine pairs best with cheeses (blue veined, aged cheddar, rich cream cheeses with dried fruits); seared scallops, lobster, rich pates; and fruit-based desserts such as peach cobbler, poached pears, and apple pie...try the easy & delish recipe below!
A Yummy Dessert that isn't chocolate
(Because not everybody loves chocolate as much as you do!)
Adapted from Pillsbury.com
Apple Pie Bites
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and additional apple pie spice (about ¼ teaspoon) for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter, set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle evenly with the chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Chocolate Lovers' Alert: the perfect wine to pair with dark chocolate!
Rosa Regale Semi-Sweet Red Sparkling Wine is a match made in heaven with dark chocolates to celebrate Valentine's Day!
More about Rosa Regale Semi-Sweet Red Sparkling Wine
- Region: Piedmont
- Vineyard: The vineyard, which gets optimum midday exposure, is located in Acqui Terme, Piedmont, Italy. The grapes are grown in rocky, calcareous soil with tufaceous marl.
- Winemaking: Fermentation with brief contact with the skins, filtration and storage at 32°F. Refermentation in stainless-steel vats, immediately followed by bottling.
- Tasting Notes: Color: Festive cranberry. Bouquet: Aromatic with hints of raspberries, strawberries and rose petals. Taste: Fresh raspberries, with crisp acidity, enticing the palate with an initial softness, graduating to a clean and dry finish.
- Food Pairing: Perfect for any occasion. A unique and festive sparkling wine, seductive aperitif, and elegant dessert wine. Pairs well with seafood, cheeses, spicy fare and chocolate. Serve chilled.
If you can’t dine out, dine in!
Our friends @ Marliave Boston created a special Food & wine menu that you can enjoy both cooking & savoring with your sweetheart at home.
Cheese Ravioli with Truffle Cream Sauce and Shaved Parmesan
paired with NV Lacourte Godbillon Brut
Island Creek Oysters on the Half Shell with Champagne Mignonette and Cocktail Sauce
paired with NV Taittinger Brut a la Francaise
Cornish Hen with 20 Cloves of Garlic and Whipped Potatoes
paired with 2015 Farm Chardonnay Napa Valley
Pan-seared Tenderloin with Whipped Potatoes and Gorgonzola Red Wine Sauce
paired with 2013 Benziger Cabernet Sauvignon
Molten Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream
paired with Fonseca 2000 Vintage Port
Warm Apple Spiced Cake with Caramel and Dulce de Leche Ice Cream
paired with Michele Chiarlo Nivole Moscato d’Asti
Three cheeses: Brillat-Savarin, Triple Cream
Roquefort, and Comte le Forte served with Spiced Walnuts, Fig Jam and Lavender Honey
paired with Barth Sekt Trocken Brut or Taylor Fladgate 10-year Tawny Port
Marliave - 10 Bosworth Street, Boston MA, 02018 - By phone @617-422-0004
Crave cocktails? From breakfast in bed to a nightcap, put a smile on your Valentine's face with these valentines' day recipes!